Family & Friends (9 Sonnets, 1 Poem)












Brother
Published 25th August 23


Brother you are about to change your life, for better & for good,
You have this road to walk, defeat those demons, like you know you should,

You’ll be a better man once you’ve got through this,
Just remember afterwards, we can’t go on the piss,

Keep smiling, joking and laughing while you heal,
Keep those spirits up, no matter how you feel,

Everyone's thinking of you, take all the time you need
We know you can do this, we’ll be here when you succeed,

Your kids will be waiting patiently by the door,
Waiting for their daddy to come back, not to drink anymore,

You’ve got the rest of your life to make some memories and dreams,
You’ve got your family behind you with love bursting at the seams,

Brother please remember while you are away,
We’ll be thinking of you each and every day.

Y.N.W.A.
๐Ÿ’ช



A Weekend with Deb
Published 12th September 23

What a weekend of oxymorons,
And partying with no sleep,
Fluff from the records to sell on Onlyfans,
And a gangster wasp took a nosedive sweep,

Going through the rare & huge amount of records,
For her to spin on the twelve-tens for me,
One tune I remember, that resonated with us both,
Was an awesome tune, Morgan King - I Am Free,

Music with random bleeps & no shit bits,
Talking of OSA & clubs back in the day,
Where we went & things we used to do,
What was before that, well that’s Proto we would say,

We indulged plenty of drink & more tea vicar,
Sat on the terrace in the sun & laughed,
At night-time Deb put her sunglasses on,
Realised why it was pitch black, because she’s daft,

We were tag-teaming to go to the toilet,
Because the drink was in full-flow,
Deb constantly talking to herself,
At eye-floaters that would not go,

We chatted of early nostalgia like kids tv,
Forgotten shows like Aubrey & Noseybonk too,
Even playing quizzes to remember old shows,
We had fun with that, for an hour or few,

What a mad & funny weekend with a really good friend,
It doesn’t happen that often you see,
We’re off to Legends in a couple of months,
Thank you Deb for showing your love to me.




❤️๐Ÿค—



Dawns 50th Party
Published 18th September 23

What a night at Dawns 50th party,
The night of 16th of September,
In the function room of the Poachers pub,
It was a night to remember,

Lots of good people & familiar faces,
All mostly from Clayton Brook,
Drinking & dancing to pure oldskool,
Plenty of photos & videos that everybody took,

Everyone had really good time,
There was smiles on everyone’s faces,
Bouncing around on the dancefloor,
Like a bunch of young head-cases,

This it what it’s like to party,
When you reach fifty,
Show the young uns how to have fun,
We’re still pretty nifty,

Hugs & handshakes all around,
There was plenty of love in the room,
Chatting about the old days,
Shorts & shots we did consume,

We hope you had a good night Dawn,
With a lot of family and friends,
Even though at the end of the night,
We never wanted it to end,

We’ll keep on partying at oldskool nights,
We won’t stop till we’re dead,
Just one more thing..NO MORE SHOTS,
Or the gremlin will show her head.



Dad
10.07.51-16.11.2018
Published 16th November 23

Today is such a sad day,
5 years ago that you passed,
Ever since you left us,
That memory will forever last,

You live inside us through memories,
Of wonderful thoughts how you were,
We still talk about you frequently,
How big your heart was to share,

One thing that you would not share,
Was your huge plates of food,
I’ve never known anyone else,
That ate so much & barely chewed,

Other memories of you are,
The cars & trucks you had,
The places where you took us,
And the road-rage when you got mad,

You were always there when I needed you,
No matter what I’d been through,
You helped me through the hard times,
Unconditional love is what you knew,

I look at the stars when I think about you,
As always I miss you a lot,
I know you’re watching over me,
Within the troubles that I have got,

Today I will raise a glass,
To celebrate your life & not be sad,
We will be with you again one day,
We love you always Dad.

❤️๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ™





A weekend at Debs (part 2)
Published 22nd November 23

What another great weekend,
Of laughs & long chats about our worries,
Educating each other on how we grew,
Drinking wine, movie time & clubbing as well as curries,

Hangovers were present this time,
As we indulged in wine aplenty,
With a fat pub lunch at the Hungry Horse,
So we could go raving without our bellies being empty,

It was a mission to get to Warrington,
To Legends to go insane,
With busy public transport & an Uber,
Because we got on the wrong train,

When we got there, there was plenty of familiar people,
Packed to the rafters in such a small place,
Hardly any room to dance, but a friendly crowd,
Woody & Noggy’s choice of tunes kept up the pace,

There was Jack G who sledged of his head,
John Roberts I’ve not seen since back in the day,
Alan Nala my scouse mate,
Brian four-eyed Wallace, Cano & SaySay, the crew from OSA

When Danny Rampling got on the decks,
He changed the night with a load of upfront house shite,
None of the Legends crowd were happy with this,
It totally ruined mine & Debs night,

After 30 minutes of hearing this,
Off we went to get a cab,
Disappointed to say the least,
At least we gave it a stab,

Stayed up till the early hours,
Chatting more about life sat in the living room,
Thank you dear friend for having me,
I hope to see you again soon.๐Ÿ™❤️

Boom Boom!!๐Ÿ˜‚





Steph
Published December 23

I love you Stephaney with all of my heart,
I’ve missed you every single day since we’ve been apart,

I know you probably want me to go to hell,
But I hope you are happy & living well,

I hope you can forgive me for what I had done,
For what happened, my mind was overcome,

I am sorry & regret all the things I’ve said,
I have no excuses for the mistakes I’ve made,

I need you to know is that I’m here for you,
If ever you need me, you can call or even text me too,

Let us not be strangers, you have other family that also care,
Life’s too short for falling out, our bond we need to repair,

Please find it in your heart for us to kiss & make up,
I love you always darling daughter & your pup.

Love you sweetheart.
๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ž
xxxxx








Rememembering Gran & Grandad
Published 5th January 2024


Dear gran, a year since you passed away, to where grandad was waiting,
You lived a long & happy life, the family have today been ruminating,

We know your watching us all with love & laughter, as we carry on with our life,
We’re carrying on the Wilkinson spirit & acting daft & recruiting Claire- Mike’s soon-to be-wife,

We all miss you both very much, each & every day,
Always in our hearts & in our thoughts, the love you left will always stay.


๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒน❤️


Happy Birthday Steph
Published 17th January 2024

Happy Birthday Stephaney sweetheart,
On this day we shouldn't be apart,

I pray you have a wonderful time,
The day is for you to shine,

A beautiful daughter like you deserves a say,
A wish on your birthday which is today,

I hope your birthday wish does come true,
Whatever you manifest will come to you,

My wish for you on this day of yours,
Is for you to reach out & accept love, don’t close those doors,

If you’re out for a meal today, please remember this,
I’ll be there with you in spirit, those moments I hate to miss,

Have a great day princess, everyone from my side sends their wishes too,
I am forever missing, never forgetting & always loving you.

Love from Dad


To My 2 Daughters
Published 26th January 24

To both my daughters, whom I truly miss,
I each need to tell you something which is this,

All the time has passed, it feels like forever,
I've thought about nothing else, for us to be together,

My love for you has never left, it has always been there.
I've always thought about you, it goes without compare,

We have had difficult situations that have kept us apart,
No matter how long, you've always been in my heart,

If your mothers hadn't have cheated, who knows what would be,
A father you would have had, unconditional love you'd get from me,

No matter wherever you are, or matter what you do,
I hope you know where I am, I'll always be here for you,

Remember me, my gorgeous girls, don't forget what you had,
I'll never forget you both, with love, Always, Dad.
๐Ÿ’•


Best Friends
Published 30th April 2024


When you need cheering up,
Best friends are there for you,
To help you through the hard times,
And to give you love & care too,

Just being there for each other,
To vent or talk things through,
As well has having a laugh,
Fun & games is what we do,

We’re there for each other through the low times,
We’re there for each other through the high’s,
A mutual understanding of each other’s struggles,
And knowing that you can help each other rise,

There’s good times ahead,
With music, dancing and late nights,
We also need the simple things,
Out across the land to see the sights,

Thank you for being yourselves,
If you weren’t, we wouldn’t be friends,
Whatever for, whenever or wherever you need me,
Just give me a bell, on me you can depend,

My best friends I thank you,
For making life tolerable on this earth,
You’ve brightened up my days,
And made me realise my worth,

You’ve given your time & love,
And I would like to return the same, you see,
We need to keep making memories,
Your company is medicine to me.

Comments